Thursday 24 January 2013

Reading List Part 1

Something I intend to make more time for this year is reading.






Not too long ago I used to buy a new book every week and I miss it. So I thought I'd share with you my 2013 reading list so far in the hopes it'll encourage me to actually start!


Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I started this back in August and here lies my problem. I had two weeks off work and this is the second book i read during that time. I like to have a whole day to get into a book and those are just too few and far apart. It's a strange story but very well written and the imagery is just beautiful. What made me buy this book was the blurb: 

"THE CIRCUS ARRIVES
WITHOUT WARNING

NO ANNOUNCEMENTS
PRECEDES IT...

IT IS SIMPLY THERE, WHEN
YESTERDAY IT WAS NOT"

How can you not be intrigued? 
I'd like to tell you more about this book but I just can't the story and the characters just aren't giving anything away just yet. 

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Possibly one of the most well known coming-of-age stories ever written. Made even more popular by the 2012 film adaptation. I loved the film and I've wanted to read the book for years.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Making sure I read this one before the film appears in cinemas this spring. One of the most famous novels in American Literature. This story explores the glitz and glamour of the roaring twenties, an era I'm extremely interested in yet I still don't know much about. 

Blog INC by Joy Deangdeelert Cho - I saw this on ViviannaDoesMakeup and thought It could help me develop my blog. 

Marilyn: The Passion and the Paradox by Lois Banner - My Great Aunt bought me this for Christmas which brings my Marilyn book total to 5! You mention someone once and everyone buys you a book. The difference with this particular book is that the Author is not only a top-notch historian and biographer she is also a founder of the field of women's history. I'm interested in reading this from an acclaimed historian for women. 

Is it just me? by Miranda Hart - I'm a huge Miranda fan. I think she is just fabulous. Such fun!...

Finally, not really a book but something I definately needed in my life. The Great British Bake Off - How to Turn Everyday Bakes into Showstoppers I'm the worlds most enthusiastic yet massively unfortunate cook. Seeing as I'll be moving in with the boy next year, I need to step up my game!





Thanks for reading -X.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.