Monday 4 March 2013

Nails: My Top 6

I've accumulated so much nail varnish recently that I thought I'd do a little rundown of my favourites. I couldn't whittle it down to 5 so here's my top 6!


 
 
L-R: Rimmel Lycra Pro in Aqua Cool / Rimmel Precious Stones in 001 Diamond Dust / Barry M Gold Mine / Essie Thigh High / Revlon Vixen / Barry M Gelly Watermelon

2 coats of polish and no base coat
Click the links to read blog posts on the products.

As I'm typing this my naked nails are crying out for a bit of Aqua Cool. I've featured this recently as a Pay Day Polish and already it's been promoted to a favourite. A pretty close dupe for Essie's Bikini so Teeny which was so popular amongst bloggers a few months ago, this is a steal at £4.59 and more readily available.

Diamond Dust was a Christmas/ New Years Party Favourite last year. A much more grown up approach to glitter nails as it dries matte. Yes that's right a matte glitter polish. It's a smokey-bluey-grey shot through with your standard glitter particles and also some holographic hexagonals to create a beautiful multi textured polish.

I picked up a bottle of Gold Mine as I smashed my mini bottle of Ciates Twilight. I saw this and thought it would be a great and cheaper alternative for only £2.99. It's more grittier that Twilight which is good if you want a bit of texture to your polish.

Thigh High, my staple Christmas polish last year. A beautiful rich cranberry shot through with a very subtle shimmer. This polish instantly makes me feel made up and it's such a wearable colour - not just for Christmas.

Another recent Pay Day Polish, Vixen is the perfect winter shade. A deep berry that's both sophisticated and vampy.

Watermelon is a gorgeous rich green colour. I love the Barry M Gelly Polishes and they're not expensive either. I have two: Pomegranate and Watermelon. I think next on the list is Prickly Pear.

What colours are you loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.