Tuesday 4 December 2012

Ciaté Advent Calendar 1st - 4th December

Hi Everyone,

A few weeks I managed to get my mitts on the Ciaté Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar from QVC. The box contains 17 of their best selling polishes, 4 caviar bottles and 3 colours exclusive to the calendar. All bottles are 5ml with the signature black bow.



 It's been tough not to open all the windows at once but I managed without having to ask my boyfriend to hide it!

 I've not tried Ciaté polishes before. The formula is quite thin which tends to dry quickly so be careful to apply even coats. I've only had the polishes on for a day so I can't comment on wear but the brushes are great for quick and easy application. Standard size paint pots are 13.5ml and usually around £9.00. Caviar sets are £18.00.

L-R Prom Queen, A Dangerous Affair & Halo


First up we have Cupcake Queen.
Unfortunately, my littler sister squealed at me the second she set eyes on this and then ran off with it so I haven't got any pictures to show you.

It's almost a hot pink polish with a blue shimmer running through it. Not really a colour I would normally wear so it's definately been stolen by the right person.

Secondly we have A Dangerous Affair. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this little beaut.

A Dangerous Affair
Since taking this photo, the polish has darkened, It's more of a red wine colour and I love it.

Next we have Halo.

Halo

I've applied just one coat in the photo as I felt it was probably more of a top coat than a polish to wear on it's own. This is a pearlescent polish with pink, purple and blue bits in depending on the light.

Top - A Dangerous Affair
Bottom - A Dangerous Affair with Halo as top coat

Behind door number 4 we have Prom Queen a small bottle of the caviar effect beads. This one has Navy, Hot Pink and Silver metallic balls and also Hot Pink and Silver hexagonal pieces. I have never had a Caviar manicure before and was so excited to have a go. It's incredibly easy too. The kit came with a small funnel to put any excess bits back in the bottle so no wastage. I only did one nail but it's so pretty.




There you have it. If you've got this far, thank you for reading and please let me know what you think below.

-X.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.